Promotion is a super important element of your event. You can't just put in all this hard work and not promote it. Without promotion, the event may well crash and burn, you likely won't get any attendees, because they won't know it's happening.
It's vital to have a plan in place, to successfully promote your event. And you don't need to break the bank to do it.
You've organised your event, you've got your market in mind, but now you need to figure out how to reach them. Establishing your target market will help you understand the best way to reach them.
Promoting your event doesn't have to cost a bomb. Here are some of our best pointers:
- Creating a poster for your event and sharing it with a hashtag you've made for the event creates an element of exclusivity.
- Behind the scenes pictures of the event set up, and the buzz of the team shows you know what you're doing (even if you don't).
- A quick email campaign with a simple CTA (e.g sign up here), is making direct contact with potential event attendees, in case they miss any posters or graphics posted on the socials.
- If you have time, a landing page is a great way to provide all the details about the event and really showcase what you're about.
- Early bird registration discounts, this gives you peace of mind well in advance that there are people that want to attend your event. It also offers attendees an incententive and an element of exclusivity.
- Ask your hosts or any special guests to share your content. But be careful not to ask the wrong audience to share it, you don't want a crowd of seat fillers with less enthusiasm than a cardboard box. If you've got sponsors for the event, definitely ask them to share your content too.
- Host a competition. Getting followers to share and comment on your posts will increase your reach (it'll also increase your engagement stats).
Are you ready to find out what makes Haia so different? We'll create a demo event for you and add you as a sponsor - grab a day and time to suit you here. Or if you want to arm yourself with some more of our tips and tricks, you can see some of the ways Haia does events differently, with the audience always at the heart.
Posted: 16th July 2022 - by Haf Blundell
Got a Haia story?
We would love to hear from you. Submit your experience with Haia